The prelims had 20 questions as usual with inbuilt tie-breaker. The questions were slightly tougher than the usual and cut-off for the teams that qualified was 14 and above.
Here are the questions from prelims.
1. This word comes from Latin term which means "One who loves" and now this word is used for some one who is a non-professional and doesn't monetary benefit by participating in the activity.
2. Identify the logo: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
3. Bringing the rainbow is a book written by Mr. R K Somany, he started which sanitaryware company?
4. This building constructed in 1898 had hosted several freedom fighters, maharajas and other important personalities. It was also the first to introduce innovations like electricity and phone in the country. Name the building.
Answer: Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai.
5. This hill station in Satara district in Maharashtra has is famous for it table top like geography and is famous because of some of the movie shot their like Tare Zameen Par.
6. A question about logo of Panini brand of stationery (never heard of it and didnt even find it on Google!)
7. Identify the logo of aviation giant.
8. Which famous Indian is author of this book?
10. Jamshed Bhabha started which institution to promote art and culture?
11. This country didnt make it to ICC worldcup but their airlines promoted itself by urging travelers to use them for flying to worldcup.
Answer: Kenya Airlines
12. Logo of clothing brand started with initial "EK" who started it?
Answer: Ekta Kapoor
13. Shri Narandas Desai started this business more than 100 years ago by importing his first batch of team from South Africa, Which company?
Answer: Wagh Bakri tea
14. George Townsend started this business that initially manufactured sewing needles, but then changed to manufacturing motorcycles, the company is today very successful in India. Name the company/brand.
Answer: Royal Enfield.
15. This product was made by Block Drug company and claimed to help with tooth sensitivity, what is the name of the brand?
16. This is a French word that means Morning however in entertainment industry this means the afternoon show, which word?
Answer: Matinee show
17. Which American banker advised Thomas Edison to be more aggressive in business and acquire competitor Westinghouse?
Answer: J P Morgan
18. This IT company was started by Dun & Bradstreet and Satyam 25 years ago and has a big presence in Pune and Chennai today. Name the company
19. An act was passed in parliament in 1963 to establish this important financial institution that is better know these days through its abbreviated name.
20. Who is the famous Indian co-author of this book?
The teams that qualified were the following.
- Nielsen India Pvt. Ltd (Me and my partner Ashutosh Dixit)
- Triton Consulting
- Hanning Motors
- Genesis A1
- Ambalal Enterprise
1. This was a currency issued by a bank in Mumbai, this is beginning of which famous bank?